Highlighted

Can't Auto Balance R3D

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I haven't been able to find any information related to my issue.
I have had this issue for some time and never needed to fix it, but now I am working on a project with a lot of RED footage and this issue is adding hours to the work.
In the master clip settings there is a button labelled "Auto Balance" in the "White Balance" drop down option. When I click the "Auto Balance" button, a window pops up but the footage does not load into the window.

- I am running the latest version of Premiere Pro CC 2017, this issue was with previous versions as well (all 2017 and 2015 versions that I tried).
- I have a Maxwell Titan X with latest drivers, this issue was with previous drivers as well.
- I have the latest beta of REDCINE X PRO installed but I had the issue with the full release REDCINE X Pro as well.
- I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates, I had this issue all the way back to before installing any updates on the system.

Screenshot of the issue-

red auto balance.jpg

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't Auto Balance R3D

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I haven't been able to find any information related to my issue.
I have had this issue for some time and never needed to fix it, but now I am working on a project with a lot of RED footage and this issue is adding hours to the work.
In the master clip settings there is a button labelled "Auto Balance" in the "White Balance" drop down option. When I click the "Auto Balance" button, a window pops up but the footage does not load into the window.

- I am running the latest version of Premiere Pro CC 2017, this issue was with previous versions as well (all 2017 and 2015 versions that I tried).
- I have a Maxwell Titan X with latest drivers, this issue was with previous drivers as well.
- I have the latest beta of REDCINE X PRO installed but I had the issue with the full release REDCINE X Pro as well.
- I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates, I had this issue all the way back to before installing any updates on the system.

Screenshot of the issue-

red auto balance.jpg

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 30, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Basic tab of the Lumetri panel is supposed to access the RAW controls for some formats.  Perhaps that applies to RED media as well.  Give the eyedropper there a try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2017 0
New Here ,
May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. When I try the Lumetri panel, it just applies the correction as a Lumetri effect on top of the RAW. In Lumetri the colors aren't affected in the same way as changing the RAW settings and also the Lumetri white balance number values don't correspond with the RAW white balance number values, so I can't use Lumetri to to find out what I should set the RAW white balance too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm right there with you Grant. Started having this issue winter/spring '17. Seems to be hit or miss--I've had clips in the same project from the same camera & card work, and others not. Really quite a pain as I use this feature a ton. Also having issues with the reload from RMD option, as I've tried opening the clips in red one and balancing there, hoping to reload in Premiere. That isn't reliable either.

Seems like this all started when when Adobe introduced the master clip effects panel. Really wish they'd ditch that.

Please let let me know if you find the source of the issue & I'll do the same!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, did you find a solution yet? In my case premiere loads the same "auto wb preview image" on all clips - not the right image from each clip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, been an issue since 2016 for me.

It worked a couple versions back, now its just a grey screen.

Anyone file a bug report?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just filed a bug report...

I had thought this one would get fixed without doing so, but after over a year of this being broken, it was time to let them know what seems like no one has noticed or cared.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had this problem as well for awhile.  Please fix this Adobe!  heading over to davinchi slowly with all these .r3d bugs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2018 0