Highlighted

Can't change colour of font even with EC and EG windows

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am trying to change the font colour for a graphic in PPro. But it freezes (looses the active blue on the screen) when I go in and click on either the fill or the stroke colur area. My font layer is selected. I have done this before. But with this version, I am either doing something really wrong, or something is wrong. See the attachments. First two are the areas that I have tried selecting/clicking in with my graphics layer selected. The 3rd shows what happens when I click the colour 'square'.

Incidentally, I can change the colour of the rectangle graphic - but not the colour of the text. It seems like it should be/is the same process?!!

thanks for your help.

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't change colour of font even with EC and EG windows

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am trying to change the font colour for a graphic in PPro. But it freezes (looses the active blue on the screen) when I go in and click on either the fill or the stroke colur area. My font layer is selected. I have done this before. But with this version, I am either doing something really wrong, or something is wrong. See the attachments. First two are the areas that I have tried selecting/clicking in with my graphics layer selected. The 3rd shows what happens when I click the colour 'square'.

Incidentally, I can change the colour of the rectangle graphic - but not the colour of the text. It seems like it should be/is the same process?!!

thanks for your help.

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Enthusiast ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be the same process as changing the color of a shape.

Are you sure the Color Picker isn't hiding somewhere, like underneath the app if you ALT/CMD + TAB?

Only other thing I can think of as well is to try resetting your workspace and/or resetting Premiere's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/preferences.html#Resetpreferences

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate your response. 

Firstly, there is no hidden Color Picker. 

When I did reset preferences, the Color Picker tool has started working. However, I can not get the whole colour spectrum window to show when I click on the Fill or Stroke boxes for text. I can for rectangle layer. So I am a step further than I was before but problem is still there. 

Wierd!

thanks in advance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So. The way I resolved this was by deinstalling the latest Premier Pro and reinstalling an older version. Am now using 14.1 and had deinstalled 14.2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines