• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change out background image of .MOGRT file in premiere, please help

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this file is obviously completely edible in Premiere, and I'm trying to swap out the background image for one of my own.

The issue is that I have never worked with these files and am realizing the background can't just be swapped out by adding a .JPG or .PNG file underneath the .MOGRT file in Premiere.

Does anyone have experience with this? I watched a tutorial on it, but it's just not working for me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you gave a bit more information about what you have on the timeline and exactly what you're trying to do, it might help.

First, are you are working with this via the Layers section of the Essential Graphics Panel?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm still learning everything so I don't know all the terminology yet.

So I'm trying to add the new background image via the layers section, on the essential graphics panel I can only edit the text, font, etc.

I watched a Tutorial, where they simply just placed the desired image underneath the graphic sequence in the layers section, but when I try to do that it just doesn't work.

Is it possible that an image can be saved as an MOGRT file, maybe that's the issue..?

Sorry if that's not enough info, I just don't know how else to explain it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere can be awfully confusing, can't it?

You have a layer section in the EGP ... and you have a layer section in the ECP, the Effects Control Panel.

Are you trying to add the image in the ECP or the EGP, or drag/drop the image on a sequence itself?

Now ... for including an image like jpeg, png & etc. in a mogrt, you need to go to the EGP panel, and at the bottom right corner of the Edit tab's layer stack, click on the "new item" icon ... the little page with a folded corner.

Then select "from file" and it pops up an Explorer/Finder window. Navigate to and select the image, and it is now part of the layer stack for that mogrt.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exciting news update!!
Its now possible to add videos to the Mogrt from within PR so that any of your, transitions, animations effects, and blend modes will be applied to the video you feed the Mogrt.

This feature is now in public beta in AE and Premiere Pro.

Here’s more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akp8aXF-iwM&feature=youtu.be

Let us know what you think!

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team
With new Media Replacement, now in Beta, users will be able to swap out graphics and video in Motion Graphics templates. After Effects users can designate media within their templates as replaceable. In Premiere Pro, editors can drag and drop new graphics, like a company logo, or a new video, into

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines