• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change stream type from open captions (Premiere Pro 14.9 and earlier)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't change the caption stream type. I want it to be closed captions and it won't let me change it from Open Captions. I have my import settings set right and the Captions area it won't let me change the drop down. Any thoughts? I can't find anything on here with the same issue. 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

I was able to delete the file. Save and close and then readd the file and it added right that time. I finally found it on your deep dive captions section!. https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2016/07/26/deep-dive-working-with-open-captions-subtitles.html#gs.v5p19p 

Thanks for responding! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marie5C18_0-1615336152448.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you cannot change Open Captions to any other stream type. You can change anything else to Open Captions, but not vice versa.

By "import settings," I assume you mean the "Import Settings" button in the Caption Panel. Are you sure you clicked the check mark? And that it is the right import file type?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to delete the file. Save and close and then readd the file and it added right that time. I finally found it on your deep dive captions section!. https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2016/07/26/deep-dive-working-with-open-captions-subtitles.html#gs.... 

Thanks for responding! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note that the blog post you linked is for the caption workflow in PR CC 2015 through 2020. The version of PR released today introduces a new, very different, caption workflow.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines