• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't crop video selection size

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to use the crop tool. I know how to move the anchor point. I have used Adobe for several years, but have never figured out how to fix this problem. When I make videos for my YT channel, I record 1920 by 2160 raw footage with my webcam on top and my desktop on the bottom. This way, I can separate them via cropping in Adobe Premiere and animate my webcam on top of the game rather than have it stationary in a single corner. However, when I crop it, the selection area of the full image remains, so that when I can only see the webcam, an invisible border goes below it. This wouldn't be a problem if several basic features of Adobe Premiere did not deal with the center of an image, not based on the anchor point, but the true center independent of cropping (one example is vignette). I need to find a way to shorten this selection area so that my footage can be easily animated with effects of my choosing. Pic for example of what I am trying to say:

defaulthkzqnrj2belh_0-1624390323081.pngdefaulthkzqnrj2belh_1-1624390356275.png

I need to be able to edit this selection area so that certain effects are easier to figure out without trying to jump through an insane number of hoops to get them all to work. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm puzzling out your description. I guess I'll start with a single question ...

What is the sequence you're working ... 1920x1080 or 1920x2160?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines