Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can´t delete Premiere "Production" Folders

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i´m running Premiere Pro Version 12.3.1 on a PC and I´m just starting to use the "Productions" workflow but I see myself already confronted with a problem, that I don´t know how to fix:

I can´t delete "folders" created by Premiere in "Productions".
Though I am able to delete the projects (within a folder) that I put in the trash folder first.
(Right-clicking on the trash in the main Production panel list and then choosing Reveal in Finder/Explorer and than deleting)
But I can´t delete the folders this way. My Exlorer says "This Element isn´t located here anymore. Check the location of that Element and try again".
That makes it impossible to delete Premiere "Production"-Files because that error-message continues to pop up.

Is there a proper way of deleting the folders? Or is this some kind of a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

Maybe someone knows how to handle this 🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

I have routinely right-clicked folders in a production, "move to trash", then "reveal in Explorer", deleted, they're gone.

Of course, I don't see them in the Production after they've moved to the trash.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete Production folders within Premiere.

I hope you have the Productions reference manual which covers this sort of thing ... found in a download link near the top of this page of Productions information.

Using Productions in Premiere Pro

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil, thank you for your response.

Yes, I read through that introduction. It says:
"Emptying the trash -
Right-click on the trash in the main Production panel list and choose Reveal in Finder/Explorer.
From within Finder or Explorer delete any items you are sure you no longer need."

That works with .prproj- files but somehow doesn´t work with the folders.

"Delete Production folders within Premiere." - Is there a way to do that? Or do you mean putting them into that trash folder?

Billy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have routinely right-clicked folders in a production, "move to trash", then "reveal in Explorer", deleted, they're gone.

Of course, I don't see them in the Production after they've moved to the trash.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer. Much appreciated.
Then it seems to be some kind of a problem with my explorer/ pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines