Highlighted

CAN'T DIGIBETA FROM SONY J30 USING iLINK

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to capture DigiBeta footage from a Sony J-30SDI. compact player.  I'm using the iLink Firewire 6pin - 9pin (1394) into an Apple Firewire to Thunderbolt adapter on an iMac.  I not seeing anything in Premier Pro, no timecode - nothing. All cables are new. The Sony J-30 User Manual says that the iLink is used to capture "materials to a computer on which non-linear editing software is installed."

I have previously captured in Premier Pro  some old SONY Z1 HDV and DV footage with  Firewire (400-800) 4pin to 9pin Apple Firewire to Thunderbolt adapter - and this captured without any problems.

Any advise greatly appreciated..!!

Many thanks - Trevor.

TOPICS
Editing, Hardware or GPU, How to, Import, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CAN'T DIGIBETA FROM SONY J30 USING iLINK

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to capture DigiBeta footage from a Sony J-30SDI. compact player.  I'm using the iLink Firewire 6pin - 9pin (1394) into an Apple Firewire to Thunderbolt adapter on an iMac.  I not seeing anything in Premier Pro, no timecode - nothing. All cables are new. The Sony J-30 User Manual says that the iLink is used to capture "materials to a computer on which non-linear editing software is installed."

I have previously captured in Premier Pro  some old SONY Z1 HDV and DV footage with  Firewire (400-800) 4pin to 9pin Apple Firewire to Thunderbolt adapter - and this captured without any problems.

Any advise greatly appreciated..!!

Many thanks - Trevor.

TOPICS
Editing, Hardware or GPU, How to, Import, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sure you've got the deck set up properly?  There may be a menu setting that needs to be enabled.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hooked into the system my Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K breakout box along with a Blackmagic Smartscope Duo 4K (just to confirm that the SDI from the J30 was working correctly). 

Using Blackmagic Desktop Studio to control the breakout box and Blackmagic Media Express I now have sound and vision.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People have stated the newest version of OS X will not recognize the IEEE Firwire 400 OHCI port. Does anyone you know have a Windows PC with a Firewire port?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0