• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't drag and drop any effects into timeline

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been working on a project for two days and suddenly Pr stopped allowing me to drag effects into my timeline. I can drag anything else I want, and through keyboard shortcuts, I can apply default transitions to my clips. However, I cannot open the editing window, select an effect, and simply drag it in. When I try, my cursor becomes a grabbing hand with a little crossed circle beside it informing me that I cannot drag the effect.

I have tried resetting the project, resetting all my preferences and caches, resetting to adobe's saved layout for workspaces,read other community posts about similar issues and have tried all the methods that were brought up in those threads, and nothing seems to work.

My only option now it seems, is to reinstall Pr, and start the project from scratch if I want to drag effects into my timeline. That's my last resort if anything, but I hope a community member has a simple answer for me that I'm too dumb to see lol. Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Drag transition all the way to the cut.

drag.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag transition all the way to the cut.

drag.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dumb, and I can't believe I made the rookiest mistake after using Pr for over 6 months now. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what was the solution?   I wouldn't say you're dumb because I've had this same issue on & off for years!  Always on Window machines but totally different models, different version of Premiere.   Happened to me just now, drag a "dip to black" effect and beginning of timeline was fine.  Go to end of timeline, drag the effect and NOTHING.   Tried like 10 more times to either of 2 clips.  Also tried using the source effect instead of the one in my favorites.  Dragging on top of the clip the highlight never even happens.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

whoops... a second after posting I noticed that line above all the screenshots.  Now trying to delete my comment and I can only wait for "more" to load for so long...  That seems to have worked for me and maybe I've been doing it wrong all along!  Can't say I use Premiere much but it's definitely annoyed me in the past.  Learning is growing right... haha 

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines