Highlighted

Can't drag and drop video into project

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get videos into my timeline just fine but if I try to drag the file from file explorer to the project tab the curser turns into a red circle with a dash through it. I can drag right onto the timeline but I don't want to have to upload every clip this way.

TOPICS
Editing, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't drag and drop video into project

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get videos into my timeline just fine but if I try to drag the file from file explorer to the project tab the curser turns into a red circle with a dash through it. I can drag right onto the timeline but I don't want to have to upload every clip this way.

TOPICS
Editing, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Marc5CC2 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preference reset did the trick! Thanks Peru Bob!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recommend using either Finder or Explorer to ingest files into Premiere. There are too many cases where Premiere doesn't get all the file metadata properly set in its internal database using that method. It can sort of get by if there isn't much useful meta in the file, like with some long-GOP mp4 files.

For anything with spanned clips or greater file metadata ... so any AVCHD or say Red, Arri, log, or RAW formats, it is far wiser and safer to ingest via the Media Browser within Premiere.

And if you set 'favorites' in that panel for where you normally load files from, it can be quick & simple also. I know some just like drag/drop from Finder/Explorer ... but working with MediaBrowser can be as fast and is far more stable.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0