• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't drag anything to timeline

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what changed, but this past week, I'm now unable to drag anything to my timeline.  It doesn't even appear as if I select things in the project window.  It'll just scan through the video or audio, but won't let me grab it - to even try to drag it to the timeline - has something changed?

It's not Source Patching.  I have a bunch of channels enabled.  I can't even 'grab' audio, video, or still images to drag.

Ideas??

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some screen grabs of what you're seeing would be useful, drag/drop them directly onto your reply box in the browser so we see them in the post.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what it looks like when I try to grab a clip...no hand...it turns into a crosshair (which isn't captured I guess...) - but you can see where I tried to click and drag it created a little square?

MindyB833_1-1611869091082.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did - didn't seem to make any difference..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything obviously "off" in your screen grab. You have track targeting enabled. I do see what you mean about the crosshairs dragging the little selection box.
Try switching your Project panel to list view and see if that makes a difference. Also, try loading the clip into the Source pannel. On mac, select the clip and type Shift-O to open the clip in the source panel. Then try dragging down from the source panel to the sequence.  You shouldn't NEED to do this but it might help troubleshooting to know if either works.

Would you also post a screenshot of your sequence settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled and reinstalled.  Still don't know what caused it - but it seemed to have fixed the issue.

Thanks all for your suggestions/ideas...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bad install, can happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines