Highlighted

Can't drag clip from Project window to Timeline.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I can't drag a clip from the Project window to the timeline.  A strange icon shows up.  It looks kind of like a tooth!  Does this have anything to do with Adobe introducing a new version this week?

The opening window has changed from the person on the gravity-defying bicycle to something new.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't drag clip from Project window to Timeline.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I can't drag a clip from the Project window to the timeline.  A strange icon shows up.  It looks kind of like a tooth!  Does this have anything to do with Adobe introducing a new version this week?

The opening window has changed from the person on the gravity-defying bicycle to something new.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 27, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shouldn't complain because I keep coming back to this pain-in-the-asset of a program, but every other Premiere Pro version breaks something really badly to the point where I can't work.

At least this time there's a workaround. Go back to one of the default workspaces and if you can drag clips into the timeline, recreate your workspace based on that. I was able to drag and drop after closing and re-opening Premiere but I did leave the timeline docked, where in my previous workspace I had it undocked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0