Highlighted

Can't drag clips to my timeline!

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello wise Premiere Pro Community,

Okay, I am ready to tear my hair out. I'm new to PP Creative Cloud, but I've been using it for a few months, and I'm a long-time Adobe user, so I've been able to figure out just about everything, However...

I've almost completed a video I've been working on for a few days, and all of a sudden I can't drag new clips onto my timeline! Argh!

• The tracks aren't locked, I have tried it with and with out a track highlighted.

• I've restarted the program, I've restarted my computer.

• I've tried it with the sequence icon in the timeline on and off.

• I have no presets saved or used.

• For some reason I can't highlight an audio track — does that have something to do with it?

• When I attempt to drag a clip  the 'hand' has a circle with a slash through it, so it seems like I have some bad setting that's not letting me do it.

I would be so grateful for you help. Here's a screenshot. Thanks so much in advance!

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 8.24.59 AM.png

Hi cempedocles,

• When I attempt to drag a clip the 'hand' has a circle with a slash through it, so it seems like I have some bad setting that's not letting me do it.

Actually, you simply don't have your audio patched. Always look at your Timeline to ensure that tracks are ready to receive your clip. See Solution 1 here: FAQ: Why does audio or video not go to the track where I drop it?

Thanks,

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't drag clips to my timeline!

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello wise Premiere Pro Community,

Okay, I am ready to tear my hair out. I'm new to PP Creative Cloud, but I've been using it for a few months, and I'm a long-time Adobe user, so I've been able to figure out just about everything, However...

I've almost completed a video I've been working on for a few days, and all of a sudden I can't drag new clips onto my timeline! Argh!

• The tracks aren't locked, I have tried it with and with out a track highlighted.

• I've restarted the program, I've restarted my computer.

• I've tried it with the sequence icon in the timeline on and off.

• I have no presets saved or used.

• For some reason I can't highlight an audio track — does that have something to do with it?

• When I attempt to drag a clip  the 'hand' has a circle with a slash through it, so it seems like I have some bad setting that's not letting me do it.

I would be so grateful for you help. Here's a screenshot. Thanks so much in advance!

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 8.24.59 AM.png

Hi cempedocles,

• When I attempt to drag a clip the 'hand' has a circle with a slash through it, so it seems like I have some bad setting that's not letting me do it.

Actually, you simply don't have your audio patched. Always look at your Timeline to ensure that tracks are ready to receive your clip. See Solution 1 here: FAQ: Why does audio or video not go to the track where I drop it?

Thanks,

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 19, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cempedocles,

Thanks,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - I answered my own question, so I'll let anyone else who's having this problem know. In the time bar at the top of the timeline I had marked an in and out both at 00:00:00. I needed to clear the In and Out by right clicking on that tiny highlighted blue edge and selecting Clear In and Out...

What a relief!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2016 1
Contributor ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

To clear both In and Out points you can also use keyboard shortcut Alt + X (Option + X).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin, that's a super helpful answer to my other question. I really appreciate you coming to my aid!! Many many thanks!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2016 0
PDBaxter LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh. Am I a putz

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0