• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't drag cross dissolve into timeline

Advisor ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't drag a cross dissolve from video effects into my timeline.  Actually in about 1 out of 50 tries I can.  Then it doesn't work - for another 50 tries.  This is so frustrating.  I am a Windows user and my version of Premieree is 14.9.0 (Build 52).  Why can't Adobe make it easy to do such a simple task and how can I do it, anyway?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

I personally never saw a problem but I jumped from 14.3 to 15 (skipping 7 buggy versions) and I don't have a problem in this version. Maybe can you update? 15 seems ok so far 🙂 Outside of captions it seems. If not, I'd think that it's a UI "targeting" issue, meaning that the UI doesn't think you're dropping it on the right place. What if you zoom in? What is the zoom on your monitor? Windows is a bit funky with that kind of thing and Premiere might just be struggling to figure out EXACTLY where

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally never saw a problem but I jumped from 14.3 to 15 (skipping 7 buggy versions) and I don't have a problem in this version. Maybe can you update? 15 seems ok so far 🙂 Outside of captions it seems. If not, I'd think that it's a UI "targeting" issue, meaning that the UI doesn't think you're dropping it on the right place. What if you zoom in? What is the zoom on your monitor? Windows is a bit funky with that kind of thing and Premiere might just be struggling to figure out EXACTLY where you're dropping the darn thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're right.  After playing aorund with it, I found that I had to be fairly precise about where I dropped it - right at the end of the clip but obviously not beyond.  So it seems like it's more finicky about the placement than I realized.  I'll assume that's the problem and continue to see what happens.  Thank you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem.    Just figure out the issue.    Increase the duration from the default of 0.5 sec to 3 sec.  Then drag the DISSOLVE icon to the time line.  This will work.

This explain why sometimes with a shorter file, because of the relative shorter time range, the 0.5 sec duration provided sufficient resolution for DISSOLVE to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMO it is best to use frames instead of broken up seconds like 0.5.

1/2 second in a 60 fps timeline would be 30 frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines