Highlighted

Can't drag downloaded essential graphics template onto timeline

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a few free stock templates from adobe for Premiere. I'm using the latest version. I've installed them so they show up in my essential graphics panel but I can't do anything with them. I can't drag them on my timeline, edit them nothing. I don't understand why I can drag the templates that come pre-installed but I can't drag these new ones on? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for reaching out Dacia,

I just updated my Premiere and it seems to be working now suddenly!

Thanks anyway though.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't drag downloaded essential graphics template onto timeline

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a few free stock templates from adobe for Premiere. I'm using the latest version. I've installed them so they show up in my essential graphics panel but I can't do anything with them. I can't drag them on my timeline, edit them nothing. I don't understand why I can drag the templates that come pre-installed but I can't drag these new ones on? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks anyway though.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicole,

What version of PR are you running? And can you give me the name (or stock ID) of the Free Mogrts you downloaded from Stock?

Thanks,

Dacia

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks anyway though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So good to hear!

We've been adding lots of new features to Mogrts with every cycle. If you are in an older version of PR and have a Mogrt that was made in a newer versions of AE, you won't be able to add them to a sequence because they aren't backwards compatible.

Happy to hear you're back on track!

Cheers,

Dacia

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please double check and make sure that you’re running the most current version of Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem.  I am running the most current version of Premiere Pro.  I just updated it today. The graphics were downloaded before and didn't work.  I did the update based on the suggestion in this thread.

The graphic templates appear in my library, but when I try to drag them onto a timeline nothing happens.  Some however do work, and other don't Examples of those that do not work are below.  In the first section none of the call outs or circles work.  But the the bouncy title does.  In the second group all three with the missing titles work - none of the others.

In the third group only socal icon burst, speech bubble, underline title and visual trends works.

Any idea why this would be or how I could fix it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2018 1
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ive been facing exact same issue. Were you able to find the solution? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I found this thread when I did a Google search for 'can't drag and drop mogrt files into timeline premiere'.

Any hoots, I realized it was user error - I was clicking on the filename of the MOGRT and trying to drag that to the timelime, which didn't work. It wouldn't grab the file. So I had to press down on the 'image' of the MOGRT, then drag, then I finally got the green + circle icon and was able to put file in timeline.

Hope this helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. and I dont want to update, because then my graphics card will not work with AE

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a  problem with mogrt on my premiere pro cc, when I drag the template to drop in timeline it shows no icon what do I do

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0