Using Premiere Pro CC 2015
I'm editing a scene and I'm adding several audio clips. All seem to work but one. I drag it to the timeline and it won't let me add to any of the audio tracks. I checked the properties and there's no difference between this audio file and any of the other audio files that worked fine. There was one clip earlier in the project that did the same thing and then it suddenly worked fine. So I'm guessing I maybe did something to fix it by accident then but I don't know what and I can't seem to get this one to cooperate.
Any ideas on why this file doesn't want to work? Any suggestions for troubleshooting?
Maybe it's because you changed the button on the top left side of the time line that looks like small time line with
Tracks need to be source patches in order to be dragged on the timeline:
That's not the issue. I can litterally drag any other sound clip onto any mono audio track EXCEPT for this one, even though the clip itself has all the same specs as all the other clips that are working
I don't think that's it. This isn't an audio track linked to a video. It's a solitary audio clip that was recorded with the same gear as all the other audio and saved the same way. And I'm not getting any kind of error message...it simply won't let me drop the file on the track. There's the little red circle with the line through it that appears over the cursor and that's it
Did you drag it all the way to the timeline?
This fixed it for me!!!!! 30 minutes of figuring it out and going nowhere. Thanks again!
Thank you! You solved my issue.
Just for test, try the following steps:
1. Right click on the audio file in project panel > Choose New sequence from clip.
If a new sequence is created, nest the new sequence in old sequence & test.
2. Copy the file to a new location in Explorer/Finder, rename the file, Import the file again into Premiere Pro & try to drop in sequence.
Please let us know the status.
I eventually got it to work just be reimporting the file...I still don't know if I had done something to after importing to make it not work. Honestly that should've been the first things I tried.
If it worked when you reloaded it, it makes me think you may have been a victim of source patching. Check out this vid for how to fix it!
Hope this helps!