Can't drag my audio clip onto the audio track

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premiere Pro CC 2015

I'm editing a scene and I'm adding several audio clips.  All seem to work but one.  I drag it to the timeline and it won't let me add to any of the audio tracks.  I checked the properties and there's no difference between this audio file and any of the other audio files that worked fine.  There was one clip earlier in the project that did the same thing and then it suddenly worked fine.  So I'm guessing I maybe did something to fix it by accident then but I don't know what and I can't seem to get this one to cooperate.

Any ideas on why this file doesn't want to work?  Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 24, 2020
caroline_edits Adobe Employee , Sep 24, 2020
If it worked when you reloaded it, it makes me think you may have been a victim of source patching. Check out this vid for how to fix it!   Hope this helps! Caroline

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Participant ,
Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's because you changed the button on the top left side of the time line that looks like small time line with button.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tracks need to be source patches in order to be dragged on the timeline:

source patching.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the issue.  I can litterally drag any other sound clip onto any mono audio track EXCEPT for this one, even though the clip itself has all the same specs as all the other clips that are working

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that's it.  This isn't an audio track linked to a video.  It's a solitary audio clip that was recorded with the same gear as all the other audio and saved the same way.  And I'm not getting any kind of error message...it simply won't let me drop the file on the track. There's the little red circle with the line through it that appears over the cursor and that's it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you drag it all the way to the timeline?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me!!!!! 30 minutes of figuring it out and going nowhere.  Thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Decator. LATEST
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! You solved my issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mentalcase129,

Just for test, try the following steps:

1. Right click on the audio file in project panel > Choose New sequence from clip.

If a new sequence is created, nest the new sequence in old sequence & test.

(OR)

2. Copy the file to a new location in Explorer/Finder, rename the file, Import the file again into Premiere Pro & try to drop in sequence.

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eventually got it to work just be reimporting the file...I still don't know if I had done something to after importing to make it not work.  Honestly that should've been the first things I tried.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it worked when you reloaded it, it makes me think you may have been a victim of source patching. Check out this vid for how to fix it!

Hope this helps!

Caroline

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines