• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't drag or edit on my timeline

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been stressing out because my clips are not moving to the timeline. 

I have

1. checked and made sure that A1 and V1 were both highlighted 

2. Made sure that I have the proper settings 

3. Made sure I had a sequence 

4. I've even tried selecting insert. 

5. I've restarted the software and my computer

When I selected insert it only allows for the clip to appear on the timeline, it won't let me edit my footage, and every time I try to drag the footage onto the timeline it won't let me. 

Can I have some suggestions because I have a project coming up and with this pandemic, I can't really leave the house as I could before?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Spec,

We need more info on your system and media to help. Please give us the following info on: CPU, GPU (VRAM), RAM, OS SSD , MEDIA SSD (and how it is connected to your computer).

If you have trashed preferences, and that has not worked for you, please try also deleting media cache with all other projects closed. 

I hope we can assist.

Thanks.
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named Community Help forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

Also it is best to post your video to a hosting site like UTube and then include a link to it.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann, 

I've done that and the same things are happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spec,

We need more info on your system and media to help. Please give us the following info on: CPU, GPU (VRAM), RAM, OS SSD , MEDIA SSD (and how it is connected to your computer).

If you have trashed preferences, and that has not worked for you, please try also deleting media cache with all other projects closed. 

I hope we can assist.

Thanks.
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin, 

I've tried deleting my media cache with all of my projects closed and it's still not working. 
And here's that media information you needed, I'm not an expert so if something's wrong please forgive me.

CPU: Core i5 1.60 GHz 

GPU(VRAM) 128MB 

RAM: 12288 MB 

I mostly work from my hard drive but my software is on my Windows 7 laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

So I ended up restarting my computer after deleting the media cache. It took about 3 times but it works! 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like the old Cursor Offset issue. If you make your Premiere window not full screen, click and hold the Premiere window bar at the top, and just wiggle the window (for the entire Premiere application, not just a single panel), does this let you then manipulate your footage correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff, 

No, it won't.  It's still doing the exact same thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

This has worked for me but if i set back to full screen it locks the timeline again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Luxx34547990s0hy 

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver).

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines