• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't enter "Camera Label" or "Camera Angle" info in Metadata (boxes "grayed" out)

Participant ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey there Adobe community.

I've imported some ProRes clips from a 2-camera multicamera shoot (Shot on Arri Alexa directly to ProRes). I'm trying to create "Camera Labels" for the clips so that Premiere knows the clips are separate angles when I create a Multi-Camera Source Sequence, but even after I've added those columns in my project and clip Metadata view, I cannot edit those columns as they are "Grayed out."

This is a big pain because this means I cannot sync the different cameras into a multicam sequence until I'm able to add this information.

Anyone have ideas on why I can't add this info? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump. Any help? This is really clogging up my workflow. Seems like it should be pretty straightforward, but I can't figure it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac?  If so, this worked for me -- go to the Finder and navigate to the root folder where your ProRes media is.

1) On the root folder, Right-Click > Get Info (or Command+I key)

2) In the dialogue window, make sure the folder permissions (under the Sharing & Permissions tab) are set to "Read & Write"

3) If not, click to open the lock in the bottom-right corner of the window and enter admin credentials to make changes

4) Under the Privilege column, set all rows to "Read & Write"

5) Click drop-down menu next to the tiny gear icon at the bottom, then click "Apply to enclosed items"

6) Toggle back into Premiere and you should be able to enter a "Camera Label" now (if not, reopen or re-import media and try again)

This worked for me -- it's simply a matter of Premiere having the permission to change file info.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!! I was having this issue, and sure enough, the footage was read-only. I'm on a PC and followed a similar process of unclicking the "read-only" box and was able to use the Camera Label box after! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create "Camera Labels" for the clips so that Premiere knows the clips are separate angles

I don't think that's necessary.  PP will by default treat every clip as a separate angle.  No way to change that.

On a side note, I'm currently tracking down a debilitating bug with the automatic Multicamera creation method.

Multicam Export Error

You might be better off using the manual method below.

Manual Multi-Camera Method

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and solved it

try to change workspace - i changed to all panels and the option to change the camera label or camera angle in the bin's list of files was enabled then. and didnt work in editing or assembly.

i think it also depends on particular project

but change the workspace to all panels

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Not sure why I can't enter metadata in the metalogging workspace lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thnx - it used to work for me .
but now is not.
Adobe wake up - repair it !!!

Adobe premiere multicamera workflow is super lame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever find a solution. Im running into the same issue right now and none of these solutions seem to be the one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also ran into this problem but I have no parameters Camera label and Camera angle in the Metadata window at all, LOL

(although they should be in the column "Dynamic media")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to switch to other workspace like EDITING or ASSEMBLY - it helped in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, PP 15.1 - can't locate camera angle metadata feild at all ! Its like its been taken out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope still there. Use the search box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In metadata panel only see camera model and camera move do not see camera label...using search box...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines