Highlighted

Can't export anymore

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm using Premiere Pro to edit some YouTube videos together, nothing special just a face cam and my screen display.

I've managed to export 45 ish minute videos before exporting at 720p. I use the YouTube 720p preset and have done about 5 videos without any (major) issues.

However, now that I am trying to export another video, it won't even export something that is sub 30 minutes. I have no clue why. Same set up for the previous videos, same preset, but it crashes about halfway to 3/4 through. 

I've updated my drivers, I've cleaned out my computer, I've cleared my Premiere caches, I've empited my recycle bin and made sure I had enough storage... At this point I have no clue what to do next.

I also get these weird files that I've never gotten from Premiere before (M4V and AAC) that come with every export, successful or not, so maybe if I could get rid of them? 

Any help at all would be appeciated, thank you.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Phillip Harvey | Adobe Community Professional

It's possible. Have you tried exporting to a different codec as well? Something like ProRes?

TOPICS
Crash, Export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't export anymore

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm using Premiere Pro to edit some YouTube videos together, nothing special just a face cam and my screen display.

I've managed to export 45 ish minute videos before exporting at 720p. I use the YouTube 720p preset and have done about 5 videos without any (major) issues.

However, now that I am trying to export another video, it won't even export something that is sub 30 minutes. I have no clue why. Same set up for the previous videos, same preset, but it crashes about halfway to 3/4 through. 

I've updated my drivers, I've cleaned out my computer, I've cleared my Premiere caches, I've empited my recycle bin and made sure I had enough storage... At this point I have no clue what to do next.

I also get these weird files that I've never gotten from Premiere before (M4V and AAC) that come with every export, successful or not, so maybe if I could get rid of them? 

Any help at all would be appeciated, thank you.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Phillip Harvey | Adobe Community Professional

It's possible. Have you tried exporting to a different codec as well? Something like ProRes?

TOPICS
Crash, Export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two files that you are getting (M4V and AAC) are the video and audio codecs, respectively, that will ultimately be inside of your MP4 container. If your export is crashing it's not abnormal to see those files.

Does it appear that the encoding is failing at a specific point? Any error reports?

I would try rendering your sequence and seeing if there are any problems that arise when creating your video previews. That might help you isolate a corrupt clip or something going on that's causing the issue.

Exporting via Adobe Media Encoder is also a good way to monitor things and you get a log report.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thank you for a reply!
I've been using Media Encoder when I can, but typically when I attempt an export that fails it either straight up blue-screens my computer or freezes, forcing a restart. I've tried checking the logs, but the error logs are empty and the standard logs just state "10/06/2020 02:20:20 PM : Queue Started" and nothing else.

The weird thing is, even when I try to cut the video in half with in and out and export half the video, it can't, however when I watch it exporting the full video in Media Encoder, it clearly exports past the point that I've cut to.

It's possible this is a hardware issue and I need to upgrade my PC, its just really strange that within the span of 24 hours I can't export anymore so I figure its software related.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that! I just exported and am uploading to Youtube as I type.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 1
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, I'm glad that worked!

Once you have a ProRes you can also always drop that into Adobe Media Encoder and make an h264 file based on that. I think it's fine to upload a ProRes to YT, and in fact some people do that to get higher quality before YouTube does their compression, but it's obviously a much larger file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0