Highlighted

Can't export H 264 in a Quicktime wrapper

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.  I desperately need to deliver a file as a Quicktime .mov with an H 264 codec.

The option used to be there in older versions of Premiere but now it isn't.  Does anyone have any idea how I can accomplish this?

I understand that H 264 is a format option.  This doesn't help me.  Nor does exporting in one of the existing options.  File sizes are crazy huge.  Over 60GB whereas it would be less than 5GB in the desired configuration (one I used to have).

Apologies if this has been answered before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't export H 264 in a Quicktime wrapper

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.  I desperately need to deliver a file as a Quicktime .mov with an H 264 codec.

The option used to be there in older versions of Premiere but now it isn't.  Does anyone have any idea how I can accomplish this?

I understand that H 264 is a format option.  This doesn't help me.  Nor does exporting in one of the existing options.  File sizes are crazy huge.  Over 60GB whereas it would be less than 5GB in the desired configuration (one I used to have).

Apologies if this has been answered before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 25, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're trying to export to is (I believe) a 32-bit QuickTime 7-era format, which has been EOL'd by Apple. So all NLE companies (including Adobe) must eventually comply by eliminating support for such a format. The only supported codecs that are allowed in the QuickTime wrapper require full 64-bit support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2018 1
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MP4 is the ubiquitous default for H.264 media.  You're better off using that.

The QuickTime option is gone and won't be coming back.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, there’s no longer an option to export Quicktime in H.264. A good workaround would be to use a plugin like AfterCodecs to do it. It also gives you more options during export and gives you the option to select a specific bitrate or filesize.

https://www.autokroma.com/blog/How-to-Export-H264_MOV

But you can do a lot more with AfterCodecs, it’s a very useful plugin for PP, AE and AME. It gives you all the codecs you might need - like ProRes 422 / 4444 / XQ, all 4 HAP codecs and many more - in .MP4 and .MOV containers. It also gives you the best and fastest compression for H264 / H265 with a lot of customization like the ability to render in 8K, FileSize targeting, custom Framerate, custom Resolutions and youTube profiles. Plus it has some cool features like MultiRender Markers to batch export clips in PP and the ability to export all Audio tracks separately.

Good luck

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might try using mpegstreamclip and do a save as to convert an .mp4 to a quicktime with the h264 codec.  Used to work.  And they is to do a "save as."  Goes very quickly.  You're just changing the file wrapper...   Here's where to get it.

http://www.squared5.com/

Do not try and download from any other site.  I once told a client to get it, and he downloaded what he thought was the program and managed to install a relatively benign virus that mucked with his internet experience.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just tested it and it works.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 0
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post from 2018?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 0
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats weird. No, it was today

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A spammer might have posted which pushes the post up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 0