• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find a way to create a new project that starts from scratch

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normlly in older versions whenever I created a new project to work on different things it gave me a new window with an empty slate. New version gives me a tab for the new project but with other one still there. Is there a way to just open a new onde from scratch?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

It's actually been this way for some time. It changed back when they allowed multiple project files to be opened at the same time. And yea, it's easy to be suddenly in the wrong project file. But if you're working in old-style stand-alone projects, you have to actually close the project you're working in to get that to close if you only want the new project open.

I've moved on to the Productions mode though, even as a one-person shop. All my projects for the year are organized inside the overa

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually been this way for some time. It changed back when they allowed multiple project files to be opened at the same time. And yea, it's easy to be suddenly in the wrong project file. But if you're working in old-style stand-alone projects, you have to actually close the project you're working in to get that to close if you only want the new project open.

I've moved on to the Productions mode though, even as a one-person shop. All my projects for the year are organized inside the overall Productions folder setup, with subfolders for each segment of my business, and within those, individual projects. I love working in Productions, it means I've got all my b-roll, audio, everything for the whole year available quickly in any project.

And without ever duplicating assets, besides opening and working in the projects faster.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply! 

Because of your mention of "close the project" I fond the option to do so and now I got it to work the way I was used to. I was using the 2014 version for a very long to keep the same version of different people I needed to collaborate with. 
I will follow your advice and take a look at the production workflow. 

Thank you very much for the help  Neil ❤️

Guilhereme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines