• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find "Edit Keyframes" under "Auto Reframe" in Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 Tutorial

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In doing the tutorial for Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 I'm instructed to click "Edit Keyframes" under "Auto Reframe."  Picture here

instructions.jpg

However, in the Effect Controls panel, there is no "Edit Keyframes" button under "Auto Reframe." Picture below.

Effect Controls Panel.jpg

Is anyone else having this trouble?  If not, please tell me where I can find "Edit Keyframes" button.

Thank you,
-Tyler5FB5

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

WE HAVE REACHED AN ANSWER!

You can complete the tutorial by checking the "Overwrite generated path" box just below and to the right of the "Adjust Position" option.  That serves as the EDIT KEYFRAMES button for the version of adobe that hasn't been updated to match the tutorial

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe they want you to expand the keyframe graph:

Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 13.30.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and no, that's not the solution. There's supposted to be an "Edit Keyframes" botton (see below how it should be, the screenshot is from the Adobe support website), but it's not showing on "Effect Controls", and I have no idea why it's not showing and how to make it appear too.
effect-controls-filters.png

Thanks,

Jacopo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So yes, the button appears to be missing in 14.3.2.

I have tried this in:

v14.2.0

v14.3.0

v14.3.1

&

v14.3.2

The 'Edit Keyframes' button is visible in all previous versions but not 14.3.2.

Can anyone else see the button in 14.3.2?

I'm on MacOS 10.15.6. What OS are you guys on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got Premier CC 14.4 and same MacOS Catalina (10.15.6), apparently they have removed the botton yet they haven't updated the tutorial...

So how to do that on the latest version?

Auto-framing creates keyframes which are invisible and I cannot edit them! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used this feature in a while so it's news to me. Hopefully someone can chime in with an explanation - you're right, it appears there is no way to adjust the keyframes. However, it looks as though the intention is for the user to adjust the result using the keyframable 'Adjust position' control and the 'overwrite generated path' checkbox where necessary. Probably to simplify potential conflicts with existing keyframes on Motion controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, there's a tiny graphic to the right of 'Adjust position' which include add/remove keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your replies, friends.

It seems you're correct, the program got updated and the tutorial did not, both on Mac and Windows (I'm using Windows).

Though if anyone wants to learn about editing keyframes, YouTube would be a better resource.  And if you're starting from scratch in learning how to edit (as I am) I recommend the tutorials they have on the sight.  They're very clear and in-depth

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/tutorials.html?trackingid=DW3G13L3&mv=email

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WE HAVE REACHED AN ANSWER!

You can complete the tutorial by checking the "Overwrite generated path" box just below and to the right of the "Adjust Position" option.  That serves as the EDIT KEYFRAMES button for the version of adobe that hasn't been updated to match the tutorial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I was looking for that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sweet. I was having the same issue. Thank you for providing the solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines