Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get my mp4 file size to be low enough to post to Youtube

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm a beginner to Premiere Pro, but I have learned simple video editing and I am currently having a hard time exporting video's to post on Youtube because the file sizes are still way to big. First, I made sure the sequences were 23.976 fps (as seen below).

Sequence Editing.png

Next, I went to the Export Settings. I have made the "Format" in the H.264 and I have set the "Preset" as either "Custom" and "Match Source-High Bitrate" and as "Youtube 1080p Full HD". I also wen to the "Bitrate Encoding" part of Video and selected either "VBR, 1 Pass" or "CBR". Lastly, I sometimes checked or unchecked the "Use Maximum Render Quality" box. I noticed that checking the box changes the "Preset" to "Custom". However, all these options I have a low MB file size in the bottom of the screen where it says "Esteemated File Size".

Export Settings Edit.png

However, when the file is done downloading, the MP4 file size comes out in the millions KB. And I've even tried using Premiere Encoder program and it is still loading with a large file size.

File Size after Edit.png

Nothing I seem to do or look up has been able to help me. If anyone has any idea what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being that your original footage is only 720p, I'd start with that. Changing the output size to be 720p instead of 1080p. It looks like you have a 53 minute file? That's long... you can expect to have a good couple of gigs of video in such a case but if you need to lower it, then keep bringing down the target Mbps as this is what AME is using to determine the quality to use for your video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try using Handbrake to reduce filesize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines