• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get PPro to accept video file.

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried getting this to work in PPro 7.0 but it wouldn't accept an HD video file. I've downloaded a trial of PPro CS5.5 ( I purchased it as well but will have to wait for the disc to arrive) and now the file is imported but it shows up as an audio with no video. The video does play just fine in Windows Media Player. The following is the GSpot report on the file:

GSpot Capture.JPG

Can anyone tell me any reason I can't import this file?

Thank you,

.....Gord

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

It doesn't really matter if you have QT installed for this file; it's not going to help either way. Premiere Pro does not support H.264 in an AVI container. We can fix this.

1. Download the latest 32-bit static build of FFmpeg from here: Zeranoe FFmpeg - Builds
  2. Open the archive; you'll probably need 7-Zip since the archive is a .7z file. Extract the ffmpeg.exe file in the archive (it's in the "bin" folder) to the folder containing your AVIs.
  3. Create a text document (Notepad is fine) called "avi2mp4.bat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Colin_Brougham, we miss this man. Pour one out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick Google found some information

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camcorders/insignia-ns-dv111080f/4507-6500_7-34092992.html?tag=mncol...

HD camera at 720p or 1080p using H.264 in either an AVI or MOV container... since I have seen other messages about 1080p problems, stick with 720p

Since AVI doesn't work and MOV does... use MOV (part of the Google results was that the "custom" AVI produced by the camera would not edit in any software other than what came with the camera... another reason to use MOV if that works for you)

Once you have the MOV file on your hard drive, See the 2nd post for NEW ITEM pointer http://forums.adobe.com/thread/770072?tstart=0 to be sure your sequence matches your file

There is also a camera discussion forum

http://community.insigniaproducts.com/t5/tag/NS-DV111080F/tg-p/tag-id/1465/category-id/discussions-c...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The callange that I'm facing if I inporin clips the audio will authentic unlike itself

I'm using adobe premiere CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines