Highlighted

Can't Import AE Projects Into Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Having an issue dropping AE files into Premiere, it's almost like the import box that pops up (which allows you to choose which composition you want to import) is hidden behind a window somewhere. You can see in the below screenshot what I see when I try to import. IF I try and click anywhere on the screen I just WIndows' error sound effect. The only way to close premiere is through force quitting via Task Manager. A fix for this would be good if anyone can help!

DOESNT WORK.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't Import AE Projects Into Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Having an issue dropping AE files into Premiere, it's almost like the import box that pops up (which allows you to choose which composition you want to import) is hidden behind a window somewhere. You can see in the below screenshot what I see when I try to import. IF I try and click anywhere on the screen I just WIndows' error sound effect. The only way to close premiere is through force quitting via Task Manager. A fix for this would be good if anyone can help!

DOESNT WORK.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be experiencing the same issue when hitting the CTRL/CMD+I key combination as well. Sometimes it takes five minutes for PPro to come back but other times you can only forcefully restart the app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's really irritating. Like it's always worked fine, and now it's just stopped, no updates nothing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2017 0
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My tip: hit CTRL/CMD+S before doing an Import. Frequently, Import works without a glitch and at least you have saved your work if you need to reboot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're already into the Import process.  You have to wait for that to finish.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2017 0
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, but it can take up to 5 or more minutes of your precious editing time for PPro to come back. This shouldn't be the case.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you solve the problem, I´m having the same issue and I can't solve it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0