• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Import an XML without Duplicating Footage

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An almost daily task for me is syncing footage and audio up in Plural Eyes.
Workflow is like  - Added footage to timeline, export timeline XML, open in PE, Sync, export from PE, Open new XML in Premiere. No problem.

But so far in 2018 unless I make sure "allow importing duplicate media" is checked in the import project dialogue box the XML won't import. It just bring in empty folders. It used to work just fine, it would bring in the synced up sequence and just rely on the media already in the project.
Now though it re-imports the media that was in that sequence. It's a total pain. Add that to the other dumb things Adobe broke with this update and I'm pulling my hair out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Hi Jaw,

Looks like we can reproduce this error and are filing a bug. If you guys can also file bugs, it would help us strengthen the fix.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.. Please, let me now, if you found some fix for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Premiere Pro plug-in for PluralEyes, rather than the stand alone app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue still occurs for me when whether I'm using the Premiere Pro plug-in for PluralEyes or the standalone app.

Went back to CC 2017, no issue. Seems like a CC 2018 problem.

This is a real pain...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, still haven't found a solution. The only work around I have right now, which isn't really a work around at all is to import the XML and then replace the footage in the now synced sequence clip by clip with the footage already imported into the project and then delete the duplicate media. It's a total pain. The best answer I got from Adobe was to "file a bug report"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always had this issue where it would occasionally duplicate some audio files after syncing and used your solution. But it has never duplicated video files. And replacing 50+ video files at a time is something I don't have time for. I've reverted to CC 2017 until this gets resolved. Sounds like it is an issue related to all XML round tripping, not just PluralEyes.

Hopefully they will resolve this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, I filed a bug report so we will see what happens.
It's not just plural eyes, correct. Even when I export an XML and then re-import that same XML file it duplicates all the media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Extension work for you in the 2018 build of Premiere?

I have re-installed the latest version of Plural Eyes and the extension still does not show up in my Premiere Pro Extensions.

Also, I cannot get Plural Eyes to Import XML from Premiere Pro.

Hope Adobe resolves or someone figures out a solution here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jaw,

Looks like we can reproduce this error and are filing a bug. If you guys can also file bugs, it would help us strengthen the fix.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wonderful. I've filed a bug report and look forward to the issue getting fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the issue has been addressed in version 12.0.1

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 1.37.22 PM.png

Can anyone confirm this also resolved the issue while using PluralEyes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

three years later and this is still happening!

XML round trip AND premiere plug in, Plural Eyes duplicates at least some of the media. Today it was all of my audio files. Last week it was everything. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just flagging this as still an issue in Premiere 14.4.0 (build 38). Duplicates media when importing an XML (from Pluraleyes for me) even if the checkbox for "allowing duoplicate media" is unticked.  I was having this issue using the Pluraleyes extension, so tried the standalone application and it's the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS bug report also filed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug persists. I experienced the issue recently while working on a feature documentary. After migrating all 125 days of footage into a single RAID, I created a new project and, in the process of bringing old sequences into the new project, encountered the duplication bug. Importing XMLs created duplicate footage and importing via the Media Browser created duplicates. Deleting those duplicates results in the same clips in the associated timelines being deleted. The "Consolidate  Duplicates" function doesn't seem to resolve it either. The only workaround I have found is to open both projectsā€”the old and newā€”relink all footage to ensure that both are pointing to the exact same directory, and then copy the contents of the old sequences into new, empty sequences one by one. Would love any updates on this issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, one workaround I have found useful is to open both projects like you say, and then just copy the required sequences from one to the other project. This seems to avoid the media duplication, but agreed it is a pain that the system still has this bug 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there - Is this bug still happening, two years later? I imported the XML's into a new project, then opened both and copied the sequences into my project and same result - duplicate media. I also tried dragging from the source monitor, and same result. Any ideas? Using 2022. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing XMLs will result in duplicate footage. 

Two alternate approaches avoid this.

1. As mentioned above: open both projects. Create an empty sequence in the master project. Tab over to the second project, open the sequence you want to import in the timeline, select all contents, copy and paste them into the empty sequence. Each sequence has to be copied over one by one into empty sequences.

2. Go to the Media Browser from the master project. Open the project from which you want to import sequences. Select and import those sequences.

Using the second method, it's possible to import multiple sequences without duplicate clips. 

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried both approaches and duplicate footage still appears in my master project. 

Any other ideas? 

Thanks! 

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that the issue is persisting. Can you share a little more information on your workflow? How are you creating the standalone project that you want to integrate into the master project? 

For clarity on my workflow, when I'm working in multiple parallel sequences, I have created one master project with all footage imported into it first. If I want to work on a scene in a standalone project or have a co-editor work, I select that sequence (or folder of sequences) in the master project and export it as a simplified standalone project. The standalone project has the footage it needs already importing--since it's basically a chunk of the original project, pointing to the same instance of footage.

When it comes time to reintegrate seqeuence from the new standalone project, using the above method, there are no duplicated clips. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I read this from another thread:

New Here , 
May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

This is a very weird discovery I just came across... At least it works on my Premiere version which is 22.3.1, and maybe it's helpful for you:

I have two exact duplicates, and no matter if they're in root bin of project, or if I select both of them before clicking Consolidate Duplicates, it won't work... BUT if I right click and check "Modify -> Audio channels", and accept, on both clips, without applying any changes to the clips; and then click CD (while these two clips are selected), they will automatically consolidate. Weird, but it works! It's like a way of reminding Premiere "hey... can't you see these are the SAME file?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines