Highlighted

Can't Import an XML without Duplicating Footage

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An almost daily task for me is syncing footage and audio up in Plural Eyes.
Workflow is like  - Added footage to timeline, export timeline XML, open in PE, Sync, export from PE, Open new XML in Premiere. No problem.

But so far in 2018 unless I make sure "allow importing duplicate media" is checked in the import project dialogue box the XML won't import. It just bring in empty folders. It used to work just fine, it would bring in the synced up sequence and just rely on the media already in the project.
Now though it re-imports the media that was in that sequence. It's a total pain. Add that to the other dumb things Adobe broke with this update and I'm pulling my hair out.

Hi Jaw,

Looks like we can reproduce this error and are filing a bug. If you guys can also file bugs, it would help us strengthen the fix.

Thanks,
Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't Import an XML without Duplicating Footage

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An almost daily task for me is syncing footage and audio up in Plural Eyes.
Workflow is like  - Added footage to timeline, export timeline XML, open in PE, Sync, export from PE, Open new XML in Premiere. No problem.

But so far in 2018 unless I make sure "allow importing duplicate media" is checked in the import project dialogue box the XML won't import. It just bring in empty folders. It used to work just fine, it would bring in the synced up sequence and just rely on the media already in the project.
Now though it re-imports the media that was in that sequence. It's a total pain. Add that to the other dumb things Adobe broke with this update and I'm pulling my hair out.

Hi Jaw,

Looks like we can reproduce this error and are filing a bug. If you guys can also file bugs, it would help us strengthen the fix.

Thanks,
Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.. Please, let me now, if you found some fix for it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2017 1
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Premiere Pro plug-in for PluralEyes, rather than the stand alone app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue still occurs for me when whether I'm using the Premiere Pro plug-in for PluralEyes or the standalone app.

Went back to CC 2017, no issue. Seems like a CC 2018 problem.

This is a real pain...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, still haven't found a solution. The only work around I have right now, which isn't really a work around at all is to import the XML and then replace the footage in the now synced sequence clip by clip with the footage already imported into the project and then delete the duplicate media. It's a total pain. The best answer I got from Adobe was to "file a bug report"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always had this issue where it would occasionally duplicate some audio files after syncing and used your solution. But it has never duplicated video files. And replacing 50+ video files at a time is something I don't have time for. I've reverted to CC 2017 until this gets resolved. Sounds like it is an issue related to all XML round tripping, not just PluralEyes.

Hopefully they will resolve this issue soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, I filed a bug report so we will see what happens.
It's not just plural eyes, correct. Even when I export an XML and then re-import that same XML file it duplicates all the media.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 1
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Extension work for you in the 2018 build of Premiere?

I have re-installed the latest version of Plural Eyes and the extension still does not show up in my Premiere Pro Extensions.

Also, I cannot get Plural Eyes to Import XML from Premiere Pro.

Hope Adobe resolves or someone figures out a solution here...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jaw,

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wonderful. I've filed a bug report and look forward to the issue getting fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the issue has been addressed in version 12.0.1

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 1.37.22 PM.png

Can anyone confirm this also resolved the issue while using PluralEyes?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

three years later and this is still happening!

XML round trip AND premiere plug in, Plural Eyes duplicates at least some of the media. Today it was all of my audio files. Last week it was everything. Very frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just flagging this as still an issue in Premiere 14.4.0 (build 38). Duplicates media when importing an XML (from Pluraleyes for me) even if the checkbox for "allowing duoplicate media" is unticked.  I was having this issue using the Pluraleyes extension, so tried the standalone application and it's the same.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS bug report also filed

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0