• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import layered PSD file as a sequence

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since 12.0.1. I have the following problem: If I try to import a layered PSD file to Premiere, and if I select Import as Sequence, nothing happens. If I choose Import as Merge all Layers, the asset will be imported. Did anyone alse have the same problem yet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working as expected on my Mac system (PPro 12.0.1, Mac OS 10.13.3). The multi-layer .psd imports as a sequence.

Is the problem occurring in a project you updated from a previous version of Premiere? If you create a new project and test importing the multi-layer PSD, does the problem still occur?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for checking, Meg! Unfortunately it doesn't make a difference if I try to import the multi-layered to a fresh project or an old one.

Here come my system specs:

PC, XEON E5-2670 v3 @2.3Ghz (Dual Processor)

64 GB RAM

64 bit System

And unfortunately everything was running fine until PPro 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here comes a workaround. You can export PSD layers from Photoshop to separate files.

File / Export / Layers to Files ...

You then have to select all the exported files, import them to Premiere, and create a new sequence where you can arrange the layers.

It is a pity that the direct import of separate layers won't work any more from within Premiere (at least for me). If there is anyone who has the same problems, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone looking on this thread, I've solved it atleast for me. Make sure you file RGB and when the pop promting you to maximize compatibilty is on the screen make sure that tick box is unchecked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! i just want to import a psd into premier, i unchecked the maximize compatibility but it doesn work for me as (i think)it should. I import it as a sequence. After that i have all the psd layers and a sequence file. when i drag the sequence file onto the timeline it doesnt show the layers anymore, it is just one piece of file so i am unable to work with the layers seperately. any experience with this? thanks, Zsuzsanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem not being able to import a photoshop file into a premiere pro sequence. I discovered that when I undocked my timeline panel from my program panel I was able to import the photoshop file. I am using two screens one screen has the timeline and program panels. Good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines