Can’t import more than 15 videos before getting spinning wheel.

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to edit a video of 53 clips, but I can only add 15 clips before I get the spinning wheel of death.

When import the entire folder, the clips seem to import, but when I scroll in the bin, I get the spinning wheel when I get past the 15th clip.

I tried importing the clips one by and one and sure enough, when I add the 16th clip, spinning wheel.

Also noticed that when I tried to move the folder of 53 clips from my hard drive to my desk top, only 15 came over.

Premiere is not doing this in any other project. The clips play fine in iMovie and QuikTime. I’ve tried starting over in new projects with the same clips. I’ve cleared cache. I’ve updated Premiere.

Is this a Premiere glitch or a bad file? Any help would be appreciated!

iOS Version 10.15.5, 16 inch MacBook Pro (2019), footage off of my SeaGate Hard Drive.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that premier is processing the videos and on your computer it just can't process more than 15 at a time. It could also be the codec of the clips (video and audio) and what every your audio output it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any chance the source clips are from a smartphone or screen capture?  If so, the problem is probably caused by clips with a variable frame rate.

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc2018 fixed that issue. Variable frame rate clips are now synced to their audio tracks and can be switch between audio and frame line sync in properties. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was a Variable frame rate issue it would be a codec issue and if the format is supported it would be better to remux the clips, not encode them.

Avidemux - Downloads (sourceforge.net)

try to remux the clips with Avidemux then try to import them again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we're still seeing issues with vfr clips in cc2019 and 2020.  At least converting to constant frame rate using handbrake (or editready for that matter) has solved many peoples issues.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you tried to move the clips to your desktop, and only 15 came over to the desktop. I think there may be a problem there with that external drive. If the computer can't move them, then perhaps there's a block header issue on the drive or maybe a file permissions issue or something.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines