• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import obs files to Adobe

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a few OBS video files I want to edit with PP and I tried importing them andthere's no error message or anything they just wont load in. A quick 1 second freeze happens as if the file is being imported and nothing shows up. I recorded in .mkv didn't work. I converted .mkv to .mp4 through OBS, that didn't work.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you went to your OBS settings panel, Output/Recording tab, and set to export in mp4, right?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before or after recording?  I didn't do that I went to remux recordings and changed it to mp4 there.

If I do what you just said that should export them into a new folder as mp4 and the files would be different than my current mp4 files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went to OBS settings panel, output tab changed recording format to mp4 as there's no export in mp4 that I can see and this still did t work when I recorded in mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download/install the free utility app MediaInfo and put the icon for it on the desktop.

Then drag/drop one of these files onto that app's icon. It will open, and from the View options select Tree view.

Do a screen-grab of the top and video section, drag/drop that onto your reply box text area so we can see the contents and settings for that file. Something like below.

Neil 

MediaInfo TreeView.PNG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, I won't be able to get back to the computer I have it on until the morning. I'll be sure to get it done and hopefully I'll be able to get another reply from you tomorrow! Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020-07-18 (4).png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020-07-18 (6).png

 Here's another one i screengrabbed. the first one was of a .mkv file/ This one is a .mp4 file if it makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere does not support mkv (anymore).

For the mp4 change the frame rate mode to constant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change it to constant within OBS? Does that mean whatever videos I have now are useless as I can't import them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert the mkv to mp4 with Handbrake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately after messing around with this and looking up guides it still isn't working for me. When I set a destination folder and try to save it as .mp4 Handbrake is not converting to .mp4 but rather .m4v2020-07-18 (8).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know this is an old thread, but incase anyone else sees this and needs a fix, in obs record with mkv as its more stable, then within obs click file > remux and it will convert the files to mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been recording directly to mp4 in OBS heavily ... for years ... without ever a single hiccup.

No clue what in the world would be 'more stable' about recording to mkv, it just adds another step.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More stable according to OBS as far as corruption of mp4 if there is some sort of system problem blue screen, or anything that could interrupt the file stream etc etc. This is a warning shown on the obs settings whence why I mentioned it. No glitches mp4  is fine. 

The extra step takes a few minutes to remux on an average 1 hour file so to me no biggie. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In several years of using OBS, this has never been an issue. No other software even has that warning because that sort of issue is incredibly rare.

If you're having routine blue screens, you have other problems you need to sort out. If not, just record in mp4 to begin with.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Granted most people don't have this problem , but some people run obs on machines that may have issues including driver or memory problems that's cause things to behave irregular or crash, which if the mp4 file isn't closed correctly and finalised can end up corrupt.

By all means use mp4 that wasn't the purpose of my reply, it was the op that was stuck using mkv for whatever reason so I posted the quick fix if he has to remain on the mkv route and to anyone else that recorded in mkv by mistake not realising premiere no longer supports it. Its a work around for already recorded video that remuxes pretty quickly with no extra software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are my hero 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines