Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Install Premiere Pro 2020

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I previously had Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 installed on my laptop, before upgrading. Now 2020 was freezing and wouldn't let me open any projects, or once I'd started a new project it would then crash meaning I wasn't able to complete anything.

I tried uninstalling Premiere Pro 2020 to reinstall and see if that would help but now I'm unable to redownload it. 

The error I'm getting is 'Unable to write the registry value. Check permissions and try again. Error Code 160'

Please help, I'm using my personal laptop but need this for work!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about starting by giving the full data on that machine ... OS/CPU/RAM/GPU/vRAM, drives and their type, as this can all influence Premiere being able to install and run. And the newest version needs better/newer hardware than the older ones.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Neil - did look into this and I had all the correct hardware for installation. Managed to figure this out by deleting the previous Media Encoder through Regedit - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines