Highlighted

Can´t make caption backgrounds semitransparent

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I´m making captions/subtitles for a short film in Premiere Pro CC 2017 – using CEA-608, CC1.
The problem is, I can´t make the background semitransparent. I try, but it just returns to Opaque.
The problem started when I updated to the latest version of Premiere Pro earlier today. Before that, the semi transparent background worked perfectly.
Can anyone help me?

After updating my Premiere Pro, I got the following message:
«Adobe Premiere Pro requires updated video drivers for GPU accelerated rendering. Please download and install current drivers for your video card.»
Being a not-very-technical guy I wasn´t sure how to do this, and I still haven´t done it. Could my problem have something to do with this?

Bernhard Østebø
Norway

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can´t make caption backgrounds semitransparent

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I´m making captions/subtitles for a short film in Premiere Pro CC 2017 – using CEA-608, CC1.
The problem is, I can´t make the background semitransparent. I try, but it just returns to Opaque.
The problem started when I updated to the latest version of Premiere Pro earlier today. Before that, the semi transparent background worked perfectly.
Can anyone help me?

After updating my Premiere Pro, I got the following message:
«Adobe Premiere Pro requires updated video drivers for GPU accelerated rendering. Please download and install current drivers for your video card.»
Being a not-very-technical guy I wasn´t sure how to do this, and I still haven´t done it. Could my problem have something to do with this?

Bernhard Østebø
Norway

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 01, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question. Transparent worked in 2015.3 , doesn't work in 2017

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Captions or Closed Captions, Tuk70?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its supported with open captions only, then its probably a good idea to disable the transparent option in case of closed captions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2017 5
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Frustrating to have options that are not really options.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bern-art,

As far as I can tell, that option is supported with Open Captions, but not Closed Captions. Let us know if you need additional assistance with that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2017 1
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeap it is really frustrating, I have try a lot even exporting the caption file xml and change  the background color, it works but the font color is affected,  adobe should make this option work for closed caption.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread, and some issues have been fixed. What specific dot version of PR are you running?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue with PR CC 2019. It worked with 608 and 708 yesterday, today transparent oder semitransparent background aren't chooseable. PR 20 crashes all of a sudden during launch. F***ing frustrating. I've de- ans re-installed Pr, but it still won't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been 608/708 background color issues off and on. I don't know when this one started, but it is present in 2019.1.5 (the last 2019 version).

Using the Caption Panel's Import Settings button, you can set import to a transparent (or other) background, and the captions do have a transparent background. But that background cannot then be changed in the caption panel, only on import. It is now locked as transparent (or whatever you set it as on import).

These settings work as they should in 2020.3.2. I am not certain whether it was fixed in 2020.0.0.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0