• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't make open captions any more?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always used open captions on my videos and spent a long time getting to grips with the mechanics, but now it's not an option on the add caption track menu (closest thing is 'subtitles') and the panel is almost impossible to use - can't drag, resize or crop what I type, no short cut to add the next caption block, can't use ripple etc. What's going on?? If this is a recent update can I restore the old version? 💀

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

You've updated to PR 2021 (version 15.0, or now the latest 15.1), and the caption workflow has been entirely revampled.

"Subtitle" is the equivalent of Open Captions. That's what you want if you are burning in subtitles. You can also export as srt and others.

First, take a look at the user guide for the new captions (and watch the short video), then ask questions back here.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.html

Some things are

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Captions workspace?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am (trying to)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've updated to PR 2021 (version 15.0, or now the latest 15.1), and the caption workflow has been entirely revampled.

"Subtitle" is the equivalent of Open Captions. That's what you want if you are burning in subtitles. You can also export as srt and others.

First, take a look at the user guide for the new captions (and watch the short video), then ask questions back here.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.htm...

Some things are not handled yet in the user guidel For an example, see this post that describes a better workflow:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/captions-window-needs-to-be-scrolled-down-for-every-sing...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Stan, that's helpful. Hopefully they add some functionality back on the next update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no text resizing option. I have wasted hours now trying to fit the text on the screen . What else is there to do??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have a closed caption type stream. There is no text size option; the character count per line is limited.

If you intended to have Subtitles (the old Open Captions, as discussed in this thread), right click on the Caption Track header, pick Track settings, and chang the format to Subtitle. Then you will have font size.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines