• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't match source settings

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I match my video source settings? I filmed in 2.7k 30 fps and this is what I get when I try to match it on Premiere Pro..cant match.jpg

My camera is set to H.264, but as you can see the rest of the settings are not right + when I export I noticed a drop in quality, an increase in noise.

2.jpg

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your case you do not use Match sequence settings (or max render if tou have a dedicated gpu)

Second screenshot is correct, you can up the bitrate quite a bit for image quality.

Might want to try turning off hardware encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"In your case you do not use Match sequence settings (or max render if tou have a dedicated gpu)"

I'm sorry I do not understand. I use a Huawei Matebook 13 i5 8gb ram.

"Second screenshot is correct, you can up the bitrate quite a bit for image quality.
"Might want to try turning off hardware encoding."

How do I do that?

Why's that when I filmed in 1080p 30 fps and did my editing everything is fine, when I click match source settings, ALL the numbers are IDENTICAL. I only get this problem with 2.7k setting, I film with a GoPro Hero 8.

1080p1.jpg

1080p2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry first picture I uploaded wrong, this is what it says before clicking "Match source settings" with 1080p video.

1080p1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is my data rate different also? Raw original file from the rendered one? Even though I did "Match sequence settings before rendering.

This is RAW file:

data rate big.jpg

And this is the rendered file:

data rate small.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it's a bug but not a major one, I can reproduce it even in CC2015/2018. Another many years PPro bug.

What PPro actually doing here is 'match preview' instead of 'match sequence' . If you change the preview format in sequence settings to Cineform, it'll use actual timeline resolution. But for me it's simpler to just set the export parameters manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If you change the preview format in sequence settings to Cineform, it'll use actual timeline resolution."

Is this is it and which one do I pick?

cineform.jpg

I need everything as simple as possible, I'm totally new to all of this and it's EXTREMELY confusing, I'm trying my darndest to find info and understand but it's proving incredibly difficult to almost impossible finding the answers that I need to my problems..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I assume you don't want massive ~6GB/min files? That's what happens if you export in Cineform YUV 10bit. 12bit will take even more space. So the only practical solution for you is to manually select export format, without using 'match sequence settings'. Try these:
Format: H264

Preset: Match source - Adaptive High
(or Adaptive Medium if you want smaller filesize and don't need absolute max quality)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't care I about file size, all I care is that the output data (of the rendered video) would be completely identical to the source data. Which is not right now, no matter what settings I try when exporting.. My raw files look perfect, rendered files look worse, I can see the noise in the videos whereas my raw files have none..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also what is the difference between "Match source - High bitrate" vs "Match source - Adaptive medium bitrate"? What does "adaptive" mean in this context?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>I need everything as simple as possible, I'm totally new to all of this and it's EXTREMELY confusing,

I order to use Premiere properly you need some basic knowledge. Premiere has a very high learning curve.

Also 2.7K gopro footage is non standard footage which makes it more confusing.

Might want to get some education : https://www.linkedin.com/learning/me?trk=nav_neptune_learning

Its like getting into a racecar: need to learn how to drive a ordinairy car first.

Export files are never the same as the original.

If i were you I would start with a standard sequence setting as in 1920x1080.

Edit your footage and export with a Youtube preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines