• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't merge video/audio. Greyed out.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2013 Dec 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using Adobe Premiere CC. I can't seem to merge the video/audio files. My workflow is:

1. Mark slate (on the video track)

2. Mark slate (on the audio track)

3. Align the clilps

4. Merge clips

5. Rename clips

Unfortunetly (as seen in the attached image) the option to merge those files is grayed out. This happens regardless of the extension. I've been an assitant editor on a few short and indie features and I've never run into an problem like this.

Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 5.05.02 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 24, 2013 Dec 24, 2013

Hi Fando432 & welcome to the forum,

What I'm seeing in CS6 and CC7.2.1 is that the syncing options at the top of the Merge Clips dialog are available only when you select clips in the Project panel and start the clip merging process there. When you select clips in the Timeline, the synching options are disabled. But you're still able to merge the selected clips. Click OK and check the Project panel for the new merged clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fando432 & welcome to the forum,

What I'm seeing in CS6 and CC7.2.1 is that the syncing options at the top of the Merge Clips dialog are available only when you select clips in the Project panel and start the clip merging process there. When you select clips in the Timeline, the synching options are disabled. But you're still able to merge the selected clips. Click OK and check the Project panel for the new merged clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mark,

Your comment was extremely helpful.

This sounds to me like a very silly feature to disable. I'd be curious as to why the feature is disabled when bringing clips to the timeline rather than the project menue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem but I'm beginning in the project window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mark_Mapes, You cannot merge them in the project bin either. There is an issue with CC which doesn't surprise me as something is always wrong with it. There is only the ability to Nest the clips when in the sequence. Merge is grayed out and has been for some time. Very inconsistent functionality. Still no fix.Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 11.48.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is also blurred out and i dont know why. Any updates yet? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, all greyed out, why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was an OLD thread. I would suggest starting a new one and include data of the media you're trying to merge, the OS of your computer, and the number-dot-number version of PrPro you're using.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video track and audio tracks need to have the same in/out points, so that they are the same exact length, and then you can merge them from the timeline sequence, and they will appear in the project bin with a "- merged" suffix. 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if I had two clips, one of them being 4 seconds long and the other 5 seconds long, I wouldn't be able to merge them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines