Can't move audio clip keyframes in timeline?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently trying to duck music tracks up & down in an edit and I'm having a lot of trouble with audio keyframes. I've been working on this edit for 2 months and everything has been fine up until now. I can add keyframes to an audio clip with the pen tool, but I can not move these keyframes in any direction. Whether using the pen tool or selection tool, the keyframes will not budge. When I first click on the keyframe I would like to move, it appears to glitch and the keyframe moves down a bit and then stops, and then I can't drag it anywhere. I seem to be able to adjust the audio clip level using the fader in the "audio clip mixer" for some reason, but can't add keyframes. I also can't seem to change the audio level keyframes in the clip "effect controls" panel either.  I have reset my Premiere preferences, changed to a default workspace, checked to ensure "clip keyframes" was enabled in the timeline as opposed to "track keyframes",  updated to 14.0.0, and tested the issue in an empty project, but nothing has worked. Is this a bug? Is there a setting that I unknowingly enabled? Any advice would be helpful.

I have effects on the audio tracks, but no keyframes. This same issue applies to speed ramp keyframes and opacity keyframes on video clips. I have also noticed that clicking and dragging the playhead through my edit has gotten much choppier and slower since this problem started, which leads me to believe I accidently enabled some hidden setting.

Attached below is a video of the issue:

TOPICS
Anywhere, Audio, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. As I said above though, I've already tried clearing my preferences and it doesn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen some odd behaviour with audio keyframes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to follow up and say that this issue is not resolved yet. However, everything seems to be okay when I open the project on a different computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues, tried everything. Any resolve?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with moving keyframes in the timeline. I can't move time remapping keyframes or audio keyframes at all. Is this a bug? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. I'm trying to move all my clips including my audio fade keyframes further down the timeline. I would also like to copy and paste the keyframes, but they simply will not move. I wish they would simply move like the video clips move, with all their keyframes and effects information. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems. I am unable to move audio keyframes in the timeline. If I grab one it starts to move and then freezes. If I grab it again, it moves a little more, then freezes again. Ultimately I can get my keyframe down to 0db... but not without making 10 moves. Wow, let's make editing even more tedious. Ridiculous, Adobe!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines