• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't move clips or ausdio within Project window

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous Version (before october 2020 update) it was possible to move clips within bins in the project window.

e.g. I imported a wav file into the video bin. Previously it was possible to drag and drop that file in the music bin for example. Now this is no longer possible.

Any Ideas?

Please see attached screenshot for more details.

Thank you

Klaus

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

If  your project window is a floating panel, your keyboard shortcuts and drag and drop won't work unless you do a workaround:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-solve-issues-related-to-undocked-panels-in-premiere-pro-v14-5/td-p/11529321?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the selection tool for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use it in two ways

1- drag and drup

2- Cut and paste

none works as before.

To be more precicely cut and paste works very random on an item but only once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try re-setting your preferences: On Windows have the app closed and hold down shift/alt/control while clicking on the app's icon and continue to hold those keys until the system asks you about making changes.

Same procedure for Mac but hold down shift/option/command.

Hope that this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If  your project window is a floating panel, your keyboard shortcuts and drag and drop won't work unless you do a workaround:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-solve-issues-related-to-undocked-panels-in-pr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you ali_jaber,

Im using a multiple monitor configuration and found my workaround in the thread you mentioned. Switching to one of the default layouts and back to my layout solves the problem as long as I do not close premiere. So I have to do that procedere once after each start of premiere.

Oh Adobe, new release new problems.

Hope it will be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines