• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Premiere Pro 15.1 project file

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP15.1 won't open a file from yesterday and gives me the 'spinning pizza of death'.  If I try to open the file in PP14, it says I can't open the file because it was from a later version of PP.  I am using MacOS 11.2.3.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Madashell,

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps like deleting media cache or trashing preferences? Please try those things.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin Has adobe considered adding a process to clear the media cache and all the basic trouble shooting we ask users to do?  As a suggestion, maybe adobe can clear the cache on every update or at the very least at the very first startup or last step of install, give the user a dialog box asking for permission? (If we go this way a preferance setting to clear without asking would be ideal as I would be fine with that).   I've never had to do it, but I so often see this advice and it works, that maybe it should just be part of the upgrade process going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for writing in with this response, FlyingFour Fun. I created a User Voice request for what I think you might want here. Please upvote. I'll definitely follow up with the Premiere Pro team. Cool?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thans Kevin, I went and voted 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines