• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t open project saved in “newer version”

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I recently upgraded to Premiere 2020 (i was holding off because i had projects going and didnt want to risk updating while editing)

i went to open a project file that ive had for years, and it gives me the message "this project was saved in a newer version of premiere and cannot be opened" 

i don't understand why it would say this. ive never opened the project on anything other than my laptop, which has premiere 2019 and now 2020 installed. is it somehow trying to open itself in premiere 2019, and so cant be opened since i worked on it in premiere 2020? or something else? im used to getting the "this file must be converted" message when opening an older file to a newly updated premiere, but ive never gotten this message, and it doesnt make sense to me since i have all applications of premiere that it was ever opened in downloaded. 

help is appreciated!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open Premiere (without selecting a project file). Help -> About: What version do you have? 

If it is 2020, now open your project file from within PR. Does that work?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines