Highlighted

Can't record DV tapes though Thunderbolt/Firewire adaptor.

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in title, I can't send DV video to DV devices through Thunderbolt-Firewire adaptor, playback of prerecorded tapes and transfering of prerecorded tapes works fine.

Devices used: DCR TRV-828E, DSR-2000AP, HVR-M15AE.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't record DV tapes though Thunderbolt/Firewire adaptor.

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in title, I can't send DV video to DV devices through Thunderbolt-Firewire adaptor, playback of prerecorded tapes and transfering of prerecorded tapes works fine.

Devices used: DCR TRV-828E, DSR-2000AP, HVR-M15AE.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac? I have heard the lateat version of OS X will not recognize the IEEE OHCI Firewire port.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0
SF5F9A LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately I am not on a MAC. W10 recognizes OHCI legacy driver for FW and the decks and camcorders work fine when transfering tapes to PC and the software is able to control the device with play, pause, FF and REW commands, but somehow cannot send DV streams.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0