• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't rename items in a bin. Text disappears.

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since PPro 2019 when trying to rename an item in a bin, the text just disappears.  No cursor or anything.  If I blindly type in what I think is the box, it will accept the modification, but I can't see anything as I type.

Tried resetting prefs to no avail.  Thought it might me the appearance settings just happening to match a shade of gray, but that wasn't;t it either.

PPro 13.0.2, Mojave 10,14,2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE This only seems to happen to SOME projects.  Even more infuriating/frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate this behavior on my Mac running Premiere 13.0.2/Mojave 10.14.2.

Are the problematic projects created in a previous version of Premiere and updated to the current version?

Do new projects created work reliably?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very possible.  (see my update)  Newly created projects don't seem to display this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project and importing one of the problematic projects into it  - test and see if that helps.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problum.

I used the adjust the size of icons and thumbnails slider at the bottom of the bin.

this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue using 13.1.2, Windows 10, Quadra P2000, using CUDA.  Any solution yet?  I understand this probably only happens on old files. I reuse a template, so all of my projects are from "old files."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have a project file as a template?

If so, that's a smart idea. However, don't just open that project for in a newer version of Premiere. Navigate to it in the Media Browser and select/import that project file.

Then do a save-as to your template name for this version of Premiere.

Then start working your new project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem. All these quirks in Premiere are very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I undocked the panel, and then I could change the name, see the text and see the curser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this problem as well, undocking the panel did not solve it. Closing and opening the program did not solve it either. Does any one have a fix for this?

Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 2.11.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines