Can't render entire file

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier 15.0

Media Encoder 15.0

iMac running Catalina 10.15.5

I've done this a hundres times, for some reason now I can't get a full render from a timeline. My edits are visible in Premiere, I go to Output/Queue, start queue in Media Encoder, it runs without generating an error message. But the full timeline is NOT being rendered. Anyone else experiencing a problem like this or know of a solution?

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fwiw, check your In and Out points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was not using in and out points on the time line. As a test I added an IN at the beginning and and an OUT well beyond the last frames, no difference in render problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to create new project, import old one and export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you using Media Encoder instead of rendering straight from Premiere?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried both, but I normally run a queue to render, enabling me to continue working in premiere. either way the result is the same 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how much of your timeline is it rendering? Do you have any In and Out points in your timeline? Because when exporting it will by default export your In and Out...

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not using in and out points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot export settings with left tab to output with an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rlbigge_0-1616185924500.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one of the sequences is 10 seconds, only about 6 rendering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's only rendering 6 sec out of 10 (I can see your export says 10sec), is it exporting the first 6 sec or the last 6 sec?

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just the first 6 seconds. In the output file it freezes on a single frame at 6 seconds but the timeline continues to play through and finish at 10 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The source seems to be vertical video from phone, which means it's a VFR file. @rlbigge Try next steps:

1) close project, clean cache: Preferences > Media Cache => Delete all media cache files from the system

2) turn off Hardware accelerated Decoding in Preferences > Media... 

3) transcode sources to CFR(constant framerate) and replace media in project. Use Handbrake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off max render no need for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very grateful for the replies. Still scratching my head as to why this happened, but I did make a somewhat positive discovery. When I render files to the network drive where my Premiere project file and all associated media reside, I lose the last 6 seconds of the output file (it freezes on a single frame). When I render to a local drive attached directly to my iMac, no rendering problems. I'm still intent on straightening this out, but for the time being I have a work around that doesn't paralyze my workflow. If that spurs an idea or insight, I'm happy to try out another solution. By the way, I had uninstalled and reinstalled both Premiere and Media Encoder prior to landing on this solution, along with dumping cache and restarting the computer multiple times.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines