Media Encoder 15.0
iMac running Catalina 10.15.5
I've done this a hundres times, for some reason now I can't get a full render from a timeline. My edits are visible in Premiere, I go to Output/Queue, start queue in Media Encoder, it runs without generating an error message. But the full timeline is NOT being rendered. Anyone else experiencing a problem like this or know of a solution?
fwiw, check your In and Out points
was not using in and out points on the time line. As a test I added an IN at the beginning and and an OUT well beyond the last frames, no difference in render problem.
Try to create new project, import old one and export
Why are you using Media Encoder instead of rendering straight from Premiere?
Have tried both, but I normally run a queue to render, enabling me to continue working in premiere. either way the result is the same
So how much of your timeline is it rendering? Do you have any In and Out points in your timeline? Because when exporting it will by default export your In and Out...
not using in and out points
Post screenshot export settings with left tab to output with an image.
one of the sequences is 10 seconds, only about 6 rendering
If it's only rendering 6 sec out of 10 (I can see your export says 10sec), is it exporting the first 6 sec or the last 6 sec?
just the first 6 seconds. In the output file it freezes on a single frame at 6 seconds but the timeline continues to play through and finish at 10 seconds.
The source seems to be vertical video from phone, which means it's a VFR file. @rlbigge Try next steps:
1) close project, clean cache: Preferences > Media Cache => Delete all media cache files from the system
2) turn off Hardware accelerated Decoding in Preferences > Media...
3) transcode sources to CFR(constant framerate) and replace media in project. Use Handbrake
Turn off max render no need for it.
Very grateful for the replies. Still scratching my head as to why this happened, but I did make a somewhat positive discovery. When I render files to the network drive where my Premiere project file and all associated media reside, I lose the last 6 seconds of the output file (it freezes on a single frame). When I render to a local drive attached directly to my iMac, no rendering problems. I'm still intent on straightening this out, but for the time being I have a work around that doesn't paralyze my workflow. If that spurs an idea or insight, I'm happy to try out another solution. By the way, I had uninstalled and reinstalled both Premiere and Media Encoder prior to landing on this solution, along with dumping cache and restarting the computer multiple times.