• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Run Adobe Premiere Pro on Nvidia GT730

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to kknow that I have a HP Z400 Workstation with Nvidia Gforce GT730. everytime when I start Adobe premiere proIt shows system compatibility errror. so when I tried to find updated driver on Nvidia website I can't find any compatible updated driver for Window 10 64-bit.

Please advise how can I resolve this error.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

It is what it is. Card (driver) is too old for the new Premiere.

Driver version needs to higher than 430.xx.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

I am sorry to tell you this, but that particular version of the GT 730 is now completely obsolete. That particular GT 730 is actually a re-branded GT 430, which was first shipped in 2010. As such, that GPU is now more than 10 years old.

In addition, Nvidia had discontinued all support for Fermi-generation GPUs (and that includes your particular GT 730), outside of archived drivers, way back in 2018. The very last driver that was released for that GPU was 391.35, which dated at the end of March 2

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is what it is. Card (driver) is too old for the new Premiere.

Driver version needs to higher than 430.xx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to tell you this, but that particular version of the GT 730 is now completely obsolete. That particular GT 730 is actually a re-branded GT 430, which was first shipped in 2010. As such, that GPU is now more than 10 years old.

In addition, Nvidia had discontinued all support for Fermi-generation GPUs (and that includes your particular GT 730), outside of archived drivers, way back in 2018. The very last driver that was released for that GPU was 391.35, which dated at the end of March 2018.

Premiere Pro 14.4 and higher now requires a driver version dated later than August 2020 in order to work properly or at all.

And due to Adobe's version availability policy that went into effect on May 8, 2019, only the last two major versions are now available at all. Unfortunately, the last version that was compatible with Fermi GPUs, CC 2018 (version 12.x), falls outside of the official availability range. Currently, version 13.1.5 is the oldest version that is still available. But when version 15.0 is released (which is expected very shortly), versions earlier than the current 14.9 release will no longer be available anymore.

As a result of all that, you should buy yourself a new graphics card in order to continue using Premiere Pro. But in the short term, please set the Project settings to disable the MPE CUDA hardware renderer (that means setting the renderer to the "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" mode every time you start a new project or open an existing project) until you get a new GPU. You must do this manually; otherwise, the renderer will default to the "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA)" mode whenever Premiere Pro is started. Also, you should disable NVDEC hardware decoding and NVENC hardware encoding in the media preferences, as Fermi GPUs have no NVDEC decoder or NVENC encoder at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for detailed answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines