• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't scroll through LUTS

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it so hard to get through the list of LUTS that I have?

Adobe didn't think I'd want to be able to do that?

{removed} is wrong with them, i read another forums on the same topic saying they took out the ability to scroll through the list on purpose followed by some garbled meaningless  reason why...  BUT SERIOUSLY, WHY CAN'T I GET THROUGH THE LIST FASTER?

EXTREME DESIGN FAIL x 100,000,0000 ADOBE

[Moderator note: these are public forums. No profanity direct nor clearly implied is permitted.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why you're screaming about the total fail of something that has specifically been designed to be done within the program. More of a user total fail ... but here's the info:

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

As published on the PrPro blog, and available through the help stuff (which doth have some problems, just not this one) ... this is a chart of the locations for Mac & Win10 as to where to put your LUTs so they're available in the dropdowns for either the Basic tab or Creative tab LUT/Look slots. It's not obvious from the description, but the 'Creative' and 'Technical' folders will not be already in existence, you simply add those two folders in the location shown and then move your LUTs/Looks into the appropriate folder.

They'll be seen by Ae, PrPro, and Me.

I've been using this since it was incorporated back with (as I recall) the initial launch of PrPro 2018. Around a year plus back now.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even know how to reply to this....

Did I ever say i didn't know how to install the LUTS?

I didn't, maybe time for you to return to 1st grade reading... I said I can't scroll through the list of LUTs that I see... you have to click an arrow at the bottom the the list to advance the list one at a time... the scroll wheel  DOES NOT DO ANYTHING...

starting to get a mental picture now ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for not understanding your original comment ... but checking on the behavior seen ...

When I click in the list for say Creative tab, the list pops up and is longer than can be shown vertically on my screen, and while the mouse is over the list, using the scroll wheel does move the list up & down to reveal the other items to the top or bottom, though it doesn't preview anything that way. As I'm used to the list scrolling in that way, I was semi-guessing you meant it didn't scroll to reveal things that might not be in the new-fangled folder structure they adopted.

You mouse scroll wheel doesn't move that list up and down at all?

What annoys me about this is I'd like to be able to place the cursor over the drop-down list area and scroll without even clicking, and have that cause the LUTs/Looks in the list to preview. As that's a long list ... clicking one at a time on the preview window on the right side for 'down' and left side for 'up' ... with forty or more items ... is a ton of clicking. Now, I do name mine so they come up before all the included ones which I have rarely used.

I've been after this change for some time. Talked with engineers about it, and ... yea, it could be useful that way ... sigh.

Neil

(Still not seeing any reason for insults, btw.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, R Neil Haugen.

I'm impressed with your seemingly calm composure.  I agree that the response from the OP was immature and uncalled for. And I appreciate your time in attempting to answer the OP (twice).

In my opinion, I think the original complaint may be more tied to what you mentioned in your second response, "What annoys me about this..." I've also been trying to find a way to "scroll" (maybe a better word is "cycle"?) through the list of LUTs without having to click and preview, go back to the list, and click to preview again. A similar desireable function can be achieved with the list of Blending Modes in the Layers palette in Photoshop (I know it's not Premiere, but similar options with LUTs and Blending Modes). Pressing SHIFT + or SHIFT – will cycle through all of the blending modes thus allowing you to quickly preview which you'd like to use. I feel like I've seen someone doing this online, but I don't know how to make it happen. Are you aware of any update on this (2 years later)?

Again, thanks for your time and responses!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ... but truthfully, people normally get ticked when they want the app to work a certain way and it doesn't. And they get fixated on that, and forget to be simply a human. Dealing with other humans. I've certainly done this if anything more than my share of times. And I, myself, have some legendary rants here and especially on the old SpeedGrade forum.

Sadly, there's been no changes in LUT application/previewing. You can click on the arrows on the Creative tab prevew screen, right side to go 'down', left to go back 'up', but when you've got 100 LUTs in there, well ... that's a huge pain to get to the right options, innit?

And of course, no preview at all in the Basic tab. Not for lack of asking, but it's not been asked for by enough folks long enough to make the top of the hit parade.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was also looking at this scroll LUT feature and came across your comment. The way you replied to dukee's childish reply made me humble, you for sure deserve your LEGEND title. Thanks for showing the good example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines