• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see where I'm dragging clips in timeline

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, having a bit of trouble: I can't see where I'm dragging clips in my timeline. I'm still able to move stuff around, but I'm not showed a transparent version of the clip under my mouse to show which track/where exactly it will be when I let go. I think I accidentally hit a hotkey and turned this on/off whilst editing but I don't know what I hit. It looks like the attached picture when I'm dragging. Thank you for any help you can provide 🙂

.mouse cursor.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Nested audio can cause issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like you should select the arrow ( pointer) tool... instead of replace or insert tool ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact issue. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if you found a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never found a solution, and its happened a few times since on different projects. Previously I've just rendered out my project so far and used it for the basis of a new project (as the projects get bigger and more ungainly, this seems to trigger such issues more often, so starting 'fresh' like this usually fixes the problem)

From what I can tell it seems to be certain files I'm importing that cause some weird errors - most recently I had this on a project a few days ago. I'd just imported + nested a clip so I tried removing that new clip and it seemed to fix the problem. That's just a workaround sadly, and I don't know if its results can be replicated with your own issues. Apologies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  I can't figure it out...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted my findings above, hope they can help :< Nothing too concrete, sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a one year old topic without solution? This started also for me yesterday with no reason whatsoever. Disabling audio waveforms worked, but it's not a solution! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me multiple times. Today it has seemed to be caused by bringing in an edited sequence that just has audio and no video. When I delete the clip the problem goes away.

If I bring the audio clips without being nested the problem doesn't appear.

If I nest the audio clips from within the sequence the proble reappears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nested audio can cause issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what it was for me, thanks for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, just had to delete my previous nested clip and that resolved the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my issue as well. Removing nested audio seemed to fix everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as of today! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feels like this problem began this year 😕 I just started having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP: I'm also seeing this on a brand new machine. It's annoying to work with when you can't see where you are dragging the clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it by clicking on my nested sequence and deleting the audio inside, then I was able to see the clip when dragging. I had an identical problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old threat and seems still mostly unresolved. I've been having this very issue since I upgraded my project to PP2019 v13.1.15 (I know, I'm still behind, but worry my processor can't handle the latest version). It's only doing it in some of my sequences, not in all, but those where it does it don't have any nested audio, so that's not the culprit in my case. Has anybody else figured out how to trouble shoot this? Really impossible to work like this when you can't see where you're moving clips to in the timeline....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines