• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't select one scene from Inpoint to Outpoint as per usual!

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is something strange going on? I'm going back into an edit, and I can't select one scene. I can't cut out one scene. The selection tool only selects the entire sequence. I've never had this happen before. Any explanations?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, but I tried the reset, re-opened PP CC, and still the same issue. I cannot select one scene from cut to cut. I can only select the entire sequence. Very frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show a screen shot of your timeline.

Is the sequence showing as a single  green clip?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for your time! Here I’m trying to cut the scene where the blue cursor, the play button, is parked. But I can only highlight everything except the one cut prior to where I want to cut! That is a scene I actually did insert before everything started acted weird again.
Any ideas?

[cid:A3060E6A-2E06-4924-B9CF-BF86AA22EFFE]

Much appreciated,
JJacobs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh - and yes, the rest of the sequence is green because I rendered and exported, and now have to go back in for fix. What did I miss doing?

Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshot again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[cid:5CC3A1B0-60ED-4611-BB5A-DD82424159FA]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen shot needs to be encoded in the post by using the little picture icon that is in the set of tools above where you enter text.

Without seeing the picture, it sounds like you may have dragged your old sequence into a new empty timeling and created a nest.

Double click on the green clip, does another sequence appear and your individual clips show?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 6.05.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, that is helpful, it's not what I thought had happened.

Try trashing your preferences, it is the usual first step when Premiere acts unexpectedly. Instructions and info here: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/... 

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines