• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't slide tracks in timeline

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen several posts similar to mine, but none of the suggestiosn given there have helped me.

I was merrily and successfully working on a Premiere Pro project a month ago.  I needed to take a break and got back to it this week.

When I did, however, I found that I couldn't use the Selection Tool in the Timeline to slide any of the tracks.  I'm getting a new response.  The cursur arrow turns to one with a black circle with a diagonal line (which I interpret as I can't do something) and then a new entitty pops up with Insert options.

I'm running on a Windows 10 0.18363 machine.

Did a recent change in either Windows or Premiere Pro cause this?

I see that some previous suggestions dealt with not tracking keyframes (which I don't).

Any idea of what I need to do to return to the "good old day" when I could edit my project?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have figured it out.

When I switched from Editing mode to Assembly mode, things behaved as I wanted them to.
I don't remember anything like this from the past, so I still wonder what changed.

Regardless, thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines