• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't undo mute track

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just exporting clean feed versions of some older videos. For that i hide all tracks i don't need and also mute some audio tracks. After video is exported i want to undo all changes to the timeline (ctrl-z). It works for everything except the muted audio tracks. I have to manually unmute the audio tracks to restore the original edit. Am i missing something? Why does undo not work for muting/unmuting audio tracks?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only undo changes to the "project" but not changes to the "interface." For example, if you were to close your Program monitor, CTRL-Z would not bring it back. For whatever reason, muting/unmuting audio tracks is considered an "interface" change and as such, is not affected by the Undo functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiding a video track is considered a project change but muting an audio track is considered an interface change? Even if the buttons for both actions are right below each other?

Makes perfect sense... NOT!

You can even add keyframes for mute/unmute. It's NOT an interface change by any definition a user would make.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to use the UserVoice site to suggest a change.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can think of so many arguments why it is by no means an "interface" change.

For example: A muted audio track isn't present in an exported video. Why does an "interface" change affect that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jeff said, 

Feel free to use the UserVoice site to suggest a change.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already did.

I just can't wrap my mind around the concept of calling it an interface change. None of my colleagues was able to come up with an explanation for it (at least none that didn't sound hilarious).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been this way since at least 2003 (when I first started using Premiere). My proposed explanations are either:

• It's been this way for a long time, people are used to it, it's technically not broken, therefore there's no need to change it
  • Changing how the interface works is far more difficult than we imagine and would require extensive code re-writes in order to implement this change

None of your colleagues could think up these decidedly non-hilarious and totally rational justifications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posted a request to change this behaviour in the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43702998-make-mute-audio-tr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines