• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use AMD hardware encoding for h264?

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like I'm really missing something, but I'm getting "Your system's hardware does not support hardware acceleration for the current settings" when I'm trying to switch to Hardware Acceleration exporting in h.264. I'm running a 6800xt with the latest drivers and the latest version of Premiere, I just freshly installed everything on a brand new build.  5900x for cpu, Windows 10 latest version.

I looked around online and people said it only supports 1 pass, which I'm using. Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL) works in project settings and is enabled.

h265 HEVC seems to work with hardware acceleration.

Any help appreciated!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

I fixed it - my Profile and Level were locked to Main and 6.0.  Unchecking the box next to them and switching to Baseline and 5.0 or lower allowed me to use Hardware Encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed it - my Profile and Level were locked to Main and 6.0.  Unchecking the box next to them and switching to Baseline and 5.0 or lower allowed me to use Hardware Encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines