Can't use text generator, AD.DBE text error

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following error "a low level exception error occurred in: AE.ADBE Text (GPUvideofitler:: getframedependencies)" when trying to use text layer in Adobe. Any video footage under the text layer goes black. For some reason the legacy titler still seems to work.

I read somewhere else that this may have to do with some corrupt third party font, and that I would need to delete all third party fonts. How do I know which are third party and which are standard microsoft fonts?

Desperately seeking advice.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021
Hey Jeff I believe there was some corrupt or duplicate font family, I deleted a bunch of 3rd party fonts that didn't seem to be default microsoft fonts and things seem to be working again. Thanks

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before trying to find/delete 3rd party fonts, please try creating a brand-new project in Pr and importing the old project into it. Hopefully your issue will either be fixed or you will get a warning message that may narrow down the cause of the error.

Since the error message you got involved the GPU, there may be issues there as well.

Also possibly from the error message: were any of these text layers created in After Effects or dynamically linked to Ae?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff

I believe there was some corrupt or duplicate font family, I deleted a bunch of 3rd party fonts that didn't seem to be default microsoft fonts and things seem to be working again. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it sorted and thank you for posting your fix!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines